Client SummaryDownload Case Study
|Project Duration:||18 Months|
|Deployment Strategy:||Phase 1 – Pilot Go-Live (IBMBCS/GlobalConductor)
Phase 2 – Regional Go-Live (9 Regions/Transition to Global Conductor)
Organization and Service Go-Live
Technology / Process Area
Organizational Readiness Assessment and Training to Support GIS Project
Implemented three solutions for GIS system:
- Maintenance solution which enables end users to update features on the electronic maps.
- Web solution which allows office personnel to display, view and print the maps and feature attributes and asset history.
- Mobile solution: which allows crewmembers access to all maps and features on the hard-drive of their mobile device.
The Client had been working with a large global consulting firm over the two previous years completing their initial implementation of the GIS (Geographic Information Systems) solution. The Client now needed to complete an organization and skills assessment of their internal capability to transition key project Change Management and Training responsibilities to a more cost effective solution. The primary objective was to achieve a more efficient and productive support organization by completing a comprehensive organization and skills review to ensure that the individuals would be prepared to support the next project phase.
Using our project management and organizational design capabilities along with functional expertise, we were able to assist our client to evaluate organizational readiness, evaluate internal resources and skill gaps, and provide transition recommendations and project staff and expertise as required. Our team provided support and leadership to complete the transition by utilizing our key tools and methods in regards to best practices and value realization to support a success organizational change.
Project Team Support:
Project Manager – Supported client leader and provided project guidance to manage service and delivery quality, utilize all resources, and managing the overall project schedule.
Change Management SME – Assisted client in managing client stakeholders throughout project lifecycle, from executive suite through employees.
Training Developer – Designed training strategy; managed development of training materials and course execution.
- Ensured organization transitioned to more cost effective project capability upon departure of large Consulting company.
- Critical organization readiness to provide timely and accurate internal and external customer service.
- Allows client to increase productivity and maintain and track assets in the field.
- Enabled all end users to have immediate access to information at point of need.
- Provide ability to validate projected metrics.