Client SummaryDownload Case Study
|Project Duration:||9 Months|
|Deployment Strategy:||Portfolio Go-Live|
Technology / Process Area
PMO Transformation and Organizational Alignment
- Corporate Finance
- Accounting Services
- Payroll and Time and Labor
- Employee Self Services
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
This large multinational organization with complex business objectives and competing initiatives demanded more PMO support. The PMO was challenged with having the business understanding and functional depth required to accelerate confidence within the Finance Organization. Over 30 projects were in flight and a large ERP project was being launched that required significant collaboration and the delivery effective measurable outcomes. The PMO needed to establish a core leadership team to fully understand and effectively manage the Project Portfolio. The Client has significant resource and cost management challenges. Further, the Client was up against delivering against tight time constraints with SSC and BPO projects in flight. Additional demands on the PMO to provide strategic process improvement support aligned to functional and organizational transformation objectives needed to be reported to Wall Street.
- Compile comprehensive project inventory information for current and future/pending projects
- Conduct project assessment and methodically review and document each project’s plan, scope, budget, stakeholders, benefits, teams and risks
- Verify project strategic alignment to the organization (culture, systems and processes)
- Obtain understanding of the transformational, transparency and sustainability objectives of the PMO
Project Team Support:
Program Manager – Supported client leader providing program and project guidance from organizational communications managed service and delivery quality, utilized all resources, and managed the overall project portfolio schedule and tracking.
Project Manager and Change Management SME – Assisted client in managing client stakeholders throughout project lifecycle, from executive suite through employees in the finance organization and the external clients.
Transformation Subject Matter Experts (as required)
- Developed project scorecard with business drivers, KPI’s and tracking capabilities
- Established portfolio prioritization criteria and processes
- Improved resource management across all initiatives which included employees and consultants
- Reduction in Payroll expense
- Enhanced the ability to deliver projects to meet business needs – functionality, timeline and cost